Followers

Friday 14 November 2014

   One of my new favourite things, Port! Thank you Tania. If this is something you have never tried, I highly recommend that you do! Not only is it delicious and full bodied, it is made with grapes, it is fortified at 20% alcohol, and is made in Portugal.
    I am a person who seems to disagree with grain alcohol, or rather it seems to disagree with me. Sometimes I feel like this makes the selection very limited, so I was extra enthusiastic when I discovered this delectable thirst quencher.
   Somehow this beverage seems fancy to me, like it deserves to be served with expensive chocolate, or a lavish Julia Child calibre meal. Pretty sure this needs to happen.
   This fits perfectly with my Campaign to Enjoy Winter! I think that the very low temperature today (-27 C with windchill, according to the radio) deserves an extra effort to appreciate this crazy weather, and I know it will get colder…
   Last year I thought my fridge was broken (it has a history), but really it had been so cold outside for so long, the fridge no longer felt cold to my hands. Also, I'm pretty sure I got a touch of frostbite on my legs last year while I was waiting in line for 50 minutes at -21C, to get into a bar at 5am to watch the Gold medal Hockey game, in which Canada won. Go Canada!

Stay Warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment