Followers

Wednesday 10 December 2014

   Oh no. Oh no oh no. Home made 'Bailey's' changed my life.
   Oh Bailey's. My once favourite holiday drink, banished from this house along with all other grain alcohol. The story was a sad one, Christmases enjoyed with lowly egg-nog, until today. I was perusing my favourite site, Pinterest, and happened upon a recipe when I had a moment of realization; I could make it with Rum!
   So I did! I find making it with Rum sets mine apart from all others, thus deserving of it's own name. I was thinking Crowthers Canadian Rum?
   This stuff is so good I wonder why I ever paid good money for it in the first place! Firstly, you can make it with more alcohol if you desire. Secondly, it tastes like melted ice cream, far superior to the brand name. And finally, making it yourself means you get to drink more of it because it's more affordable!

   Don't try this. It's delicious, irresistible even.

Recipe as follows.

1 cup of whipping cream (not whipped)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp of melted chocolate
1tbsp good vanilla extract
1/2 tsp good instant coffee
1 3/4 cup of white rum (you can add more if you want, silly.)

Blend well with immersion blender. I did heat everything except the rum just slightly to ensure the melted chocolate and coffee powder incorporated well. (I added the rum later so as not to affect the alcohol content.)

No comments:

Post a Comment